Thursday, September 14, 2006

9-10-06 Break the Cycle!

Finally, we've arrived at the series I've been waiting to teach all summer. The story goes back to about March or April. I was feeling pretty overwhelmed because try as I might, I could not break loose from this frustration in my spirit. Everytime I tried to get something kicking at church, people would volunteer for it and then disappear. I couldn't figure out what was going on. This teaching series is a reaction to that feeling and the journey we went on to discover how to break the cycle.

This morning, we had 67 in service, which isn't too bad. Offerings were low again, probably because September is a five Sunday month. We're sitting around $5,500 short for the year, and we're praying for God to provide to the people for our Harvest Offering on October 1.

In the evening service, we had a great time together celebrating the Lord's Supper. There's something about communion that makes my month. I can't really describe it other than to say that through it I know that Christ is still around and cares about us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home